Patton Awards & President’s Volunteer Service Awards
The Carl V. Patton President’s Awards for Community Service and Social Action recognize students, student organizations, faculty, staff and community partners who are making significant contributions to the greater Atlanta community through their outstanding commitment to service.
The recipients of these prestigious awards will have demonstrated the university’s philosophy and commitment to developing positive connections with our community to gain a better understanding of civic responsibility.
- The Outstanding Community Impact Student Award is awarded to a Georgia State student exemplifying outstanding service to the community.
- The Outstanding Community Impact Student Organization Award is awarded to a chartered Georgia State student organization that has provided exemplary service to the community and the campus.
- The Outstanding Faculty or Staff is awarded to a Georgia State faculty or staff member who has dedicated his or her time in addressing a need in the Atlanta community.
- The Outstanding University Program Award is awarded to acknowledge the efforts of campus programs that are created to serve community needs.
- The Outstanding Community Partner Award is awarded to a non-profit organization that partners with Georgia State and involves Georgia State students in addressing community needs.
Nominations are due by Friday, February 8.
Omega Phi Beta Sorority, Incorporated
Beta Alpha Psi - Beta Mu
Student-Athlete Advisory Council
Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Incorporated
Nonprofit Leadership Alliance
Alpha Phi Alpha
The Nursing Students at Georgia State (NSGS)
The Rialto Student Ambassadors
American Medical Students Association
Zeta Tau Alpha Sorority
Kinesiology & Health
GSU Physical Therapy Community Practice in Nicaragua
African American Studies, Service Learning Program
Project Healthy Grandparents
Farm Workers Health Program
Nursing Students at Georgia State
Computer Assisted Debate Project
The Masters in Social Work Project
The Low-Income Taxpayer Clinic
The BioBus Program
American Red Cross of Metro Atlanta
City Council Member Kwanza Hall's Office
Atlanta Community Food Bank
Fulton County Schools Homeless program
Agape and the Masters of Social Work Program
The Study Hall after-school enrichment program
The Enchanted Closet
Georgia Justice Project
Community Housing Resource Center
The President’s Volunteer Service Award comes from the President’s Council on Service and Civic Participation and former President Barack Obama. This award requires no nomination and will be given to students who have completed at least 100 hours of service between January and December 2018.
Those eligible to receive this award must log in to OrgSync and log all service hours in the site no later than February 8 by 5 p.m. A how-to guide for logging your hours is found here. The Office of Civic Engagement will notify those who meet the service hour and log requirements to receive the award.
For additional questions, contact Civic Engagement via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 404-413-1550.