Call for nominations
The following guidelines apply to the award:
- Students should be juniors or seniors enrolled this semester; graduate students should be enrolled and/or employed this semester.
- Only full-time faculty and staff are eligible
- Faculty and staff nominees must have been associated with Georgia State or Perimeter College for at least five years.
- Individuals who hold the titles of dean, provost or vice president (including associates and assistants) are ineligible for the award.
- Past Sparks Award recipients are not eligible.
Georgia State University announces a call for the 2018 Sparks Awards nominations. The awards will be presented at the Service Recognition Ceremony on Monday, April 16 at 3 p.m. in the Student Center Ballroom.
The Sparks Awards were first presented by the Alumni Association in 1985 and are named for Dr. George McIntosh Sparks, the university’s president from 1928-1957.
They recognize Georgia State’s unsung heroes: faculty, staff and students who exemplify a willingness to go “the extra mile” with good humor and perseverance. These were the characteristics of one of the university’s most highly regarded presidents.
Please use the nomination form below and provide a typed statement explaining why your nominee should receive a Sparks Award. Include specific examples demonstrating how your nominee has gone above and beyond duties and expectations in service to the Georgia State community. A committee that includes past Sparks Award recipients will select the winners based on the information submitted.
Deadline for submission of nominations is 5 p.m. on Friday, February 9. Call or email Melony Lewis at 404-413-1377 or firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have questions.View Past Winners